I like to make this recipe for breakfast on the weekends. We tend to eat lunch later in the afternoon, and this will keep us full until then. The following recipe is for two.
First, I pour a little olive oil in medium sized pan and put the heat on medium. I let it heat up for a couple of minutes and then I add some chopped onion. I love the smell of onion cooking in oil. While the onion is sautéing I prep potatoes. Rinse them with water and give them a good scrubbing. I leave the skin on, but make sure to cut out any blemishes. I chop the potatoes up into small chunks and add it to the onion.
Time to decorate the potatoes! I add minced garlic, salt, a little bit of pepper and ranch seasoning. Now all the potatoes need to do is cook.
I turn my attention to the eggs. Crack two into a mixing bowl, add a few splashes of milk and whisk. I find the milk helps to make the eggs puffy. Set aside until the potatoes are ready. The potatoes will need to cook for 10 minutes, maybe more. Usually, I start to clean the kitchen while I wait. Washing dishes is the only part I dislike about cooking!
Once the potatoes are done, add the eggs. I let the egg cook and mix everything occasionally. When the egg is finished I add some mozzarella cheese on top, and put a lid on the pan for a minute or two. The cheese will melt quickly and breakfast is ready!
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- shredded mozzarella cheese, to your liking
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan. Turn heat to medium.
- Chop 1/2 of an onion into small pieces and add to olive oil.
- Clean 2 potatoes, chop and add to onion. Season with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoons ranch dressing and garlic. Let cook.
- Whisk 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons of milk together.
- When potatoes are finished cooking, pour eggs on top. Mix occasionally.
- When eggs are finished cooking, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.