Peanut butter and chocolate is one of those delightful food combinations that make my mouth water before I can even finish writing the phrase. If you agree, this recipe is perfect for you =)
The first step is to soften the butter. I put it in the microwave for about 12 seconds and then add it to the mixing bowl. Now add the peanut butter. I grab my mixer and the result is a great smelling peanut butter cream. Next into the bowl goes an egg, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla extract. And now the mixer gets put back into action to finish the job.
In a separate bowl I combine the baking soda, flour and salt, and then pour it on top of the peanut butter cream. I use a sturdy spatula to mix the ingredients. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and the bottom. The peanut butter is…well..sticky!
Once everything is mixed, all you need to do is dump the dough in a greased pan. I say dump because the dough is heavy and firm and will just fall out of the bowl. You will need to use a spatula to spread the dough in the pan, try to spread it evenly. Put the pan in the oven and soon a mouth watering smell will fill your home.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together 3/4 cup peanut butter and 1 stick of butter.
- Beat in 1 egg, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 and 3/4 cups of flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter cream. Mix thoroughly. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread dough into a greased 9×13 baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.