This dip is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. The main ingredients are guacamole, refried beans and a sour cream/cream cheese mixture. All the flavors combine together to create one delightful treat. Warning- this dip disappears quickly!
To get things started I put 1 tablespoon of butter in a small-medium sized pan and turn the heat up to medium. While the butter is melting, I chop up 1/2 of an onion and put it in with the now melted butter. Let is sauté for about 5 minutes. The recipe calls for refried beans. I make mine own and will be sharing the recipe with you all soon =). Add the refried beans to the onions, cover the pan and lower the heat slightly. After a couple of minutes the refried beans should be soft enough to stir easily. Stir well and turn the burner off.
In a bowl combine the sour cream and cream cheese. I have tried to mix them by hand, but I have a hard time to getting the clumps out of the cream cheese, so I recommend using a mixer.
Now it is time to assemble all the ingredients. Spread the refried beans into the bottom of a large serving dish. I usually use a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle on top cumin and chile powder. Next goes on the sour cream/cream cheese mixture, followed by the diced tomatoes and lastly the guacamole. Top with cheddar cheese.
The best way to eat this guacamole taco dip is warm. Use an oven safe pan so you place the whole pan in the oven, or put smaller portions in the microwave and warm it up. Enjoy with your favorite nachos!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 16 oz cans of refried beans
- 8 oz of sour cream
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 10 oz of guacamole
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder
- Melt 1 tbs of butter in a saucepan. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add refried beans to onions. Cover for 2-3 minutes, then stir.
- Mix together well 8 ounces of sour cream and 1 package of cream cheese.
- Spread refried beans into the bottom of a large serving dish, sprinkle cumin and chile powder on top. Layer on top sour cream/cream cheese mixture, then the diced tomatoes and, lastly, 10 oz of guacamole. Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Serve warm.