These flavorful fries are finger licking good! I have had several versions of sweet potato fries and these are by far my favorite. Usually I will put ketchup on about everything, especially french fries, and had a bottle ready to go. But- I finished my plate before I realized that I hadn’t used ketchup!
The prep work is easy. The longest part is cutting the skin off the sweet potatoes. Once they are removed, cut the potato into long strips, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. In a medium size bowl I combine the olive oil, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Make sure to whisk all the spices together thoroughly. Now add the potatoes and coat with the oil mixture.
I used my toaster oven to bake these, but you can use an oven as well. I recommend using a wire rack that fits on top of a baking pan because then you won’t have to turn the fries over. I place the fries on the wire rack and make sure they don’t fall between the wires. Don’t crowd them right next to each other there should be a small space. One layer is best, if you need to put some on top of each other, use a larger pan.
I cooked the sweet potato fries at 450 degrees for 25 minutes. They were slightly crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. Delicious! Let them cool down before eating.
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel 3 small sweet potatoes. Cut into rectangular slices, about 1/4-1/2 inches thick.
- In a medium size bowl mix 2 tablespoons olive oil,1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add sweet potatoes to the bowl and coat with the oil mixture.
- Arrange fries on a wire rack and place on a baking pan. Cook at 450 degrees for 25 minutes.