Cookies and cream cheesecake. Rich and velvety. Light and decadent.
This cheesecake is made with a cream cheese base and filled with Oreos. The cookies enrich the cheesecake flavor but don’t overwhelm it. I created this recipe to celebrate my husband’s birthday. Cookies and cream is his favorite flavor combination. It was big success!
It does require some planning because although the prep work is quick, it tastes best if it can set overnight. So make the cheesecake a day in advance.
For this cheesecake I didn’t make my own crust (I was in a rush) and instead I used a pre made 10 inch Graham Pie crust. The filling is the perfect amount for this size crust. The first step is to beat together the cream cheese and sour cream. Make sure it is well mixed. Next, add the sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat the mixture. Finally, add the eggs in one at a time. Don’t over mix. Break the Oreos into small bits and gently fold them in the batter.
Fill the pie crust with the batter and place into the pre-heated oven to 325 degrees F. About 40 minutes later the cheesecake will be done. The center should be slightly springy to the touch. Sprinkle crumbled Oreos across the top. The cheesecake needs to refrigerate at least several hours, preferably overnight. Enjoy!
2 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 10 inch Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
10 crushed oreo cookies
Topping: 8 crushed Oreo cookies
- Beat together 2 packages of cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time. Mix just until blended.
- Gently fold in cookie bits.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 325 degrees F or until the center is slightly springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cover the top with Oreo crumbs.